May 5, 2018
Starting weight: 154 lb
Partial list health issues:
- CVD-meds: 20mg simvastin, 1/4 aspirin, plavix, atenalol
- Thyroid, goiter-meds: 1/2 smallest does WP thyroid and 200MCG Selenium 3X/week
- High fasting glucose: 110 in December and A1C 5.7 April 2017
- Gum disease
- IBS from “healthy” high fiber diet
- Back and shoulder pain
It seems like when I turned 50 everything started downhill. Up until then (and after) I tried mostly low fat, high fiber diet which included vegetable juicing.
I was 125 pounds in high school and went from about 135 to 185 from 45 years old to 55.
I tried a LCHF diet in 2012 but was scared out of it by my doctors even though my weight went from 184 to 125 in about 6 months.
My reason to go low carb this year was:
1. Gum disease progression: a lot of deep pockets and getting close to losing a back molar.
2. A1C was 5.7 last April and my morning, fasting glucose had been creeping way up to 110
Four month SUCCESSFUL results:
- 4 years of gum disease reversed as of check up May 3. No more deep pockets, no bleeding and teeth in great shape. Gum recession will not grow back
April, 2018 A1C was 5.2 from 5.7 last April. Fasting morning glucose at 94 form 110 in December
Had IBS, bleeding anal fissure, internal hemorrhoids and terrible gas. 99% gone. Unreal!!!!!
Shoulder and back pain 90% better. Did 130 push-ups on Monday in 4 sets vs. 20 with a week of shoulder pain last year. Now doing deep knee bends and couldn’t ever thing of that last year because of back pain.
Every morning I would wake up with a runny nose filling several paper towels with mucous. It’s now 90% better and was even better when I did not have dairy but have added some of that back.
Weaned blood pressure meds to nothing and BP normal first time in over 20 years (was normal only with meds last 8). I had 4 stents in 3 arteries in 2010 with 1 artery clear and one 100% blocked (there are 5 major arteries feeding you heart). My chest pain did not go away after stents and cardiologist tried meds (renexa and long-acting nitro) neither worked so I said forget trying.
10 years of chest pain vanished after about a month of this and I thought at first it was my imagination (even though was getting great results on my new/used Concept 2 Rower).
My GP does a carotid artery scan every April and in 2017 he said the blockage had gotten much worse from 2016 and said I need to do something soon.
What was I supposed to do? Was already following all the stupid bullshit they told me to do.
This April scan showed “significant” improvement over last year!!!!! And that was with 8 months of shitty diet and only 3.5 months of carnivore.
My chest pain is gone and I have not felt this good since I was 30!!!!!!
Weight from 154 to 136 pounds
Thanks so much to Doc Baker!